Seagull Scientific’s newly updated label design software, BarTender 2016, has just been released â€” and you can get your hands on it right here! BarTender 2016 represents theÂ next step in barcode and label design software. This release includes a variety of improvements and new features, making an already exceptional label design application even better. Here’s a quick peek at the changesâ€¦
What’s New in BarTender 2016?
The Enterprise Automation edition of BarTender 2016 has received quite a few new components including:
- BarTender Integration Builder â€” This feature allows BarTender to more easily integrate with virtually any enterprise business operation including ERP systems with built-in support for Oracle, SAP, and IBM WebSphere. It also allows for TCP/IP, UDP, or HTTP connections and communications.
- BarTender Print Portal â€” The print portal replaces Web Print Server, allowing you to print via the cloud using browser-based interface.
- Visual Basic Scripting Editor â€” Provides an easy means of using scripts in your label design documents.
- BarTender Administration Control â€” This feature replaces Security Center, allowing you to manage security, administer the database, and monitor BarTender services in a centralized location.
- 64-bit Versions of BarTender 2016 â€” Each version of BarTender 2016 is now available in either a 32-bit or 64-bit version. In order to run the 64-bit version of BarTender, your computer must have both a 64-bit operating system and a 64-bit processor.
What’s Improved in BarTender 2016?
BarTender 2016 is even better than its predecessor in several key areas thanks to improvements such as:
- Data entry forms â€” All editions of BarTender 2016 have improved data entry forms. Not only is it easier to create and use data entry forms, you can choose which records to print from within a form as well as include prompts and queries in the form.
- Database connectivity â€” Improved database connectivity for the data entry forms is available in Professional and higher editions. Database connectivity gets even better with the Automation edition and above. These editions use NET drivers to natively connect to your database while other tools make it easier to set up your database.
- RFID encoding â€” BarTender 2016 Professional and above has improved RFID encoding support including the ability to create specific RFID security settings for each label design document.
Which Version of BarTender 2016 is Right for You?
We’re excited about the new features and improvements that BarTender 2016 offers, and we are happy to help you select the most appropriate edition for your specific needs. In general, the Basic and Professional editions are ideal if you need to design and print labels and barcodes. If you need also control and automate, youâ€™ll want to look at either the Automation or Enterprise Automation editions.
BarTender 2016 makes a great add-on to Epson ColorWorks label printers. It offers full support and is integrated with the complete line of Epson ColorWorks label printers which include the Epson TM-C3400, TM-C3500, GP-C831 (large format GHS drum label printer) and the TM-C7500 and TM-C7500G. These Epson label printers, with the exception of the Epson TM-C7500G, are ideal for printing GHS BS5609 labels.
If you want to print fully compliant GHS labels, Bartender 2016 Automation Edition (BT16-A3) has all of the tools and templates needed. Youâ€™ll appreciate the automated GHS label templates with built-in business rules as these features will help you to achieve compliance time and time again. Use the templates as a starting point for building labels that automatically populate with product data from your ERP system, a third party database, or an internal database. With its 3-printer license starting at just $855, BarTender 2016 Automation edition allows you to have unlimited users printing to three different label printers.
We recommend starting by downloading the free 30-day trial of BarTender 2016. The trial version includes all four editions, allowing you to determine which edition is most suitable for your business:
- BarTender 2016 Basic Edition â€“ Ideal for label design and printing.
- BarTender 2016 Professional Edition â€“ Ideal for label design and printing combined with database access and RFID encoding.
- BarTender 2016 Automation Edition â€“ Ideal for label design and printing, database access, and RFID encoding combined with automation tools and â€œIntelligent Templatesâ€ for creating your own GHS labels â€“ and more.
- BarTender 2016 Enterprise Automation Edition â€“ Includes all of the features of Automation Edition plus integration tools (such as SAP and Oracle integration) for large enterprises.
Take BarTender 2016 for a test drive by downloading the trial version now.